Breast damage can be caused by a number of factors, but, you guessed it, wearing a bra that doesn’t fit your boobs or body is one of the main culprits. An ill-fitting bra allows your breast tissue to move around and it’s this extra movement that can cause breast pain, skin stretching, chafing, shoulder pain and overall breast sagging. 🙅♀️ NO THANKS.
So to show that there is a solution to this problem and that boob issues aren’t inevitable, we took it upon ourselves to demonstrate the difference between how breasts move in an ill-fitting bra and how they move in a correctly fitting bra. We used the new Victory bra for this experiment, check out our findings below…
Yeah so I think we all knew that was going to happen. Who else was cringing and grabbing their boobs when watching this first bra video 🙋♀️ Yeah. Us too.
In the ill-fitting, high street bra we can see:
- Considerable movement/bouncing.
- The model’s boobs are positioned lower on the chest (lack of support).
- Her boobs are moving independently from her body – OUCH.
- The wires aren’t sitting flat again her ribs
- The back band is riding up.
In the Victory bra we can see:
- Slight movements (Breasts are made of fat so a little jiggle is expected).
- Her boobs are lifted and rounded and sitting in one place.
- Her boobs move with her body as they are securely kept in place by her Victory Bra.
- The wires are completely encasing her breasts.
- The back band is lying horizontally and providing maximum support to her bust.
I can tell you which I’d prefer! We spoke to Dr. Jenny Burbage from The Research Group in Breast Health at Portsmouth University about bra sizing and breast movement and she said: ‘Excessive breast motion can lead to breast pain, embarrassment and potential damage to the delicate breast tissue in the longer term’. – So yeah let’s not let this happen girls!
Firstly – Are you in the right size?
If your boobs are bouncing and bulging all over the place then the chances are you’re not and it’s time you got a professional fitting. Head to our website’s Fitting Room for all the tips and tricks and even virtual fittings from the Bra Whisperer.
Secondly – Do you have the right bra?
If not then fear not, as we have a wide variety of perfect bras for making you feel super supported and sexy too, there’s something for everyone! Curvy Kate’s brand new Victory bra is a total winner and we promise, you’ll never look back!
Please let us know your thoughts on bra fitting, boobs or breast movement on Twitter or in the comments below as we’d love to hear from you.
Big Love! x