Rita Ora recently posted about how she has been wearing the wrong bra size for years!
As Curvy Kate are the experts in fit, we have compiled five key tips to finding your correct bra size. Our Bra Whisperer® explains the importance of being bra fitted and loving your boobs:
“It is so important to have a positive relationship with your bust at every stage of your life, from teens to motherhood, weight fluctuations and beyond. We should think positively about our boobs and getting a professional bra fitting is a great way to start! When you feel the difference between a bad fit and a good fit bra it will make you think 'why didn’t I do this sooner?’ ”
So here we go! Curvy Kate’s top fit tips from our Bra Whisperer®:
- Always check your band! If you feel that you aren’t getting a gentle hug from your band, it probably means that it isn’t firm enough and you should go down a back size. 80% + of your bra support should come from the band! For a guidance on how snug it should feel, pop two fingers behind the hook and eye when the bra is on the loosest hook. If you can pull back further than an inch, it's a sign your band is too big!
No more twizzling that bra!
2. The jiggle, when you put on a bra – hold the underwires and jiggle your bust gently in so that the breast tissue fills the cups.
3. Your straps are there to give your bust a little oomph but not to totally lift up your boobs! You should look for your straps to sit no higher than the top of your armpit crease.
Sort your straps!
4. The Scoop and Swoop is up next, take your hand and place it on the opposite breast. Reach around all of the breast tissue and lift the bust up to ensure that the breast is encapsulated inside of the bra.
Swooping and Scooping!
5. Your cup shouldn’t be half full, or half empty! The cups should fit flush to your chest and with no gaping or spillage! ☕☕
Going Dottie for a perfectly fitting bra!
Bra styles, just like jeans, do not fit the same in every style. We suggest that you try a few to see what is going to be the best for your bust! When buying online, ensure that you use the above steps to put on your bra and to achieve the perfect fit! 🍉🍉
RIP to the badly fitting bras you used to see. Take a look at all of the fabulous Curvy Kate lingerie and swimwear collections available in D-J cup.
Shop Curvy Kate Lingerie